Tamara Wiszniewska

Tamara Mikosz

201 ocen gry aktorskiej
powrót do forum osoby Tamara Wiszniewska

Oryginalny artykuł , nie mam czasu na tłumaczenie ale myślę że i tak warto żebu tu się znalazł.
Pozdrawiam:)

Also known by her maiden name Tamara Wiszniewska, she starred in 14 films between 1936
and 1939 when she was forced into exile by the Nazi invasion of Poland. At the time, Mikosz,
married to movie producer Wladyslaw (Walter) Mikosz, was one of the top movie stars in Poland
and was often called the Loretta Young or Jeannette McDonald of Poland.

"When the Germans came, my intuition told me I should have something on me to exchange,"
she told the Times Union newspaper in a 1974 article about her and her husband's Christmas
traditions. "I sewed my jewelry into my clothes. Later, it bought us passes to freedom and bread
so we were never hungry."

She continued: "I smoke a lot, but I'll never smoke an Old Gold. I used my last diamond -- it was
two karats, wasn't it, Walter? -- to buy Old Golds from a G.I. so I could bribe my parents' way out
of Russian-occupied Czechoslovakia into western Germany. Cigarettes and coffee were worth
more than money or jewelry."

Through the war, the Mikoszs worked in the Polish underground. Then, Walter was shipped to
Bavaria while Tamara and their daughter Irene went to Czechoslovakia. They were reunited in
1945 in a displaced persons camp in Bavaria, where Tamara taught English and math and
Walter ran YMCA programs.

The YMCA sponsored the family's relocation to Rochester in 1950. According to the Times
Union, the couple managed to bring with them only three tangible remnants of their glamorous
life in Poland, three Christmas ornaments: a traditional Polish floss angel, a star and a brightly
painted silver bird.

Here, Tamara worked for many years as the operator/receptionist at the George Eastman House
and Walter retired as a clerk from Burroughs Corp.

TFX

Pojawiła się również na okładce tygodnika "Kino" nr30 w 1937 . Do obejrzenia w archiwum cyfrowym. Wpisać w google Tamara Wiszniewska tygodnik "Kino".

Pobierz aplikację Filmwebu!

Odkryj świat filmu w zasięgu Twojej ręki! Oglądaj, oceniaj i dziel się swoimi ulubionymi produkcjami z przyjaciółmi.
phones