Terry Pratchett

Terence David John Pratchett

171 ocen gry aktorskiej
powrót do forum osoby Terry Pratchett

"If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying, 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH' the paint wouldn't even have time to dry."

baszarteg_filmweb

" At last IIa said, ‘What does “quantum” mean anyway?’
IIb shrugged.  ‘It means add another nought,’ he said.
‘Oh,’ said IIa, ‘is that all?’ 

It is now known to science that there are many more dimensions than the classical four.  Scientists say that these don’t normally impinge on the world because the extra dimensions are very small and curve in on themselves, and that since reality is fractal most of it is tucked inside itself.  This means either that the universe is more full of wonders than we can hope to understand or, more probably, that scientists make things up as they go along. 

What the gods said was heard by each combatant in his own language, and according to his own understanding. It boiled down to: I. This is Not a Game. II. Here and Now, You are Alive.

– Chcecie oddać bogom ogień?
– Tak. Z odsetkami.
– Ale... dlaczego? (...)
– Bo... – zaczął Cohen. – Bo pozwolili nam się zestarzeć.

A European says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with me? An American says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?

You can't go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it's just a cage. Besides you don't build a better world by choppin' heads off and giving decent girls away to frogs.

There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
But it is true that in an interview I gave recently I did describe a sudden, distinct feeling I had one hectic day that everything I was doing was right and things were happening as they should.
It seemed like the memory of a voice and it came wrapped in its own brief little bubble of tranquillity.

So what shall I make of the voice that spoke to me recently as I was scuttling around getting ready for yet another spell on a chat-show sofa?
More accurately, it was a memory of a voice in my head, and it told me that everything was OK and things were happening as they should. For a moment, the world had felt at peace. Where did it come from?
Me, actually — the part of all of us that, in my case, caused me to stand in awe the first time I heard Thomas Tallis's Spem in alium, and the elation I felt on a walk one day last February, when the light of the setting sun turned a ploughed field into shocking pink; I believe it's what Abraham felt on the mountain and Einstein did when it turned out that E=mc2.
It's that moment, that brief epiphany when the universe opens up and shows us something, and in that instant we get just a sense of an order greater than Heaven and, as yet at least, beyond the grasp of Stephen Hawking. It doesn't require worship, but, I think, rewards intelligence, observation and enquiring minds.
I don't think I've found God, but I may have seen where gods come from.

Stephen Hawking is a good man, he will return."

baszarteg_filmweb

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

What do you think, said Death. Am I really here, boy?

"Yes," said Mort slowly. "I...I've watched people. They look at you but they don't see you, I think. You do something to their minds."Death shook his head.They do it all themselves, he said. There's no magic. People can't see me, they simply won't allow themselves to do it. Until it's time, of course. Wizards can see me, and cats. But your average

Cats make ideal time travellers because they can’t handle guns.  This makes the major drawback of time travel– that you might accidentally shoot you own grandfather – very unlikely. 

Cats are like witches.  They don’t fight to kill, but to win.  There is a difference.  There’s no point in killing an opponent.  That way, they won’t know they’ve lost.

So what do people need "Angels" for?
-Well, they will help people a little (discreetly) when developing pencillin, malaria drug or developing E = mc2
but ultimately it seems that they will provide (discreetly) transportation to humans during the storm. And they will keep the last part of the deal with the people ...
-it means?
- Thanks to this, you will be able to enjoy life much longer than the average life expectancy in Japan.
-it means?
-84.10 years
Ultimately, they will help to fix some human mistakes in history, but it's a lifetime job.
-It means?
-People who live 1000 years (10 times) will know what needs to be done."

Pobierz aplikację Filmwebu!

Odkryj świat filmu w zasięgu Twojej ręki! Oglądaj, oceniaj i dziel się swoimi ulubionymi produkcjami z przyjaciółmi.
phones